The Resource Uglies
- Statement of responsibility
- Scott Westerfeld
- trueScience fiction
- Friendship -- Fiction
- trueFifteen-year-old girls
- trueTeenage boy/girl relations
- trueMoles (Spies)
- Beauty, Personal -- Fiction
- Teenage girls -- Fiction
- trueDystopian fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- truePlastic surgery
- Everybody gets to be supermodel gorgeous. What could be wrong with that? Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license -- for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there. But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world -- and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2007.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2007.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 6-8), 2008.
- Golden Duck Awards, Hal Clement Award for Young Adult
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for High School, 2008.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2016
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2006
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2005.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Uglies series
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Uglies
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Uglies
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.mitchell.lib.in.us/resource/9Hg2ouoU6Y8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.mitchell.lib.in.us/resource/9Hg2ouoU6Y8/">Uglies</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.mitchell.lib.in.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.mitchell.lib.in.us/">Mitchell Community Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>